“Rush” is the name for the week of free food and events that we provide for guys to check out the fraternity and see what we’re all about. It’s a commitment-free chance for you to get to know us and for us to get to know you while having some fun!
Rush happens at the beginning of each quarter, so don’t miss your chance to join in on the events! You can attend as many or as few events as you’d like.
We host events each night at the house during rush week that are free and open to any guy at UCLA interested in meeting us and learning about our brotherhood. If you are looking for Christian fellowship or just a good time, we would love for you to swing by for rush and kick it with us.
Upcoming Rush Events
Wednesday, 9/28, 4-8PM:
Come meet the brothers, see the house, grab some grub, and play classic BBQ games.
Thursday, 9/29, 4-8PM:
It’s essentially a book club, except we only read one book. Join the brothers (past and present) as we dive into the Word.
Friday, 9/30, 4-9 PM:
Feeling like athletics is more your thing? Come shoot drive some golf balls at the driving range with us.
Sunday, 10/1, 10:30-1 PM:
CHURCH AND IN N OUT:
Attending church together at Cornerstone West LA followed by lunch.
Monday, 10/2, 5:30 PM:
- QUESTION: If I go to an event, does that mean I’m pledging?
- ANSWER: No! All rush events are completely non-committal. Pledging is an entirely separate thing
- QUESTION: How does the transition from rushing to pledging happen?
- ANSWER: At the end of Rush Week, each fraternity decides which rushees to offer bids to. If you are offered a bid, you have the OPTION of pledging the fraternity.
- QUESTION: If I want to pledge, how do I get a bid?
- ANSWER: There is no one-size-fits-all answer. If you like AGO (or any other house for that matter), demonstrate your interest, and the house decides they want to invite you to pledge, then you will be given a bid.
- QUESTION: Is there anything I should say or do in order to improve my chances of getting a bid?
- ANSWER: No! We want to know the REAL you. Be genuine. Be sincere. We want guys that are honest about who they are, not people who put on a facade to try to get in.
- QUESTION: If I do get a bid, is there anything I need to do?
- ANSWER: The bid will have any necessary information on it but please remember to register on ifcucla.com beforehand. Signing up with IFC is necessary to start pledging!