“Rush” is the name for the week of free food and events that we provide for guys to check out the fraternity and see what we’re all about! It’s a commitment-free chance for you to get to know us and for us to get to know you while having some fun!
Rush happens at the beginning of each quarter, so don’t miss your chance to join in on the events! You can attend as many or as few events as you’d like.
We host events each night at the house during rush week that are free and open to any guy at UCLA interested in meeting us and learning about our brotherhood. If you are looking for Christian fellowship or just a good time, we would love for you to swing by for rush and kick it with us.
Upcoming Rush Events
Welcome to Alpha Gamma Omega’s 2019 Fall Rush! As the only Christ-centered fraternity at UCLA, AGO is a place where brothers grow together in Christian fellowship and become leaders among men.
Our events offer a laid-back atmosphere where you can meet the brothers while enjoying free food and events. Feel free to bring a friend!
Tuesday, 9/24, 4-8PM:
SMASH Tournament and House Hangout
Wednesday, 9/25, 4-8PM:
Wings on the House
Thursday, 9/26, 5-8 PM:
Pizza and Golf Driving Range
Friday, 9/27, 5-8 PM:
Jesus Burgers. Enough Said.
Make sure to register at ifcucla.com, and if you have any questions, please e-mail Robby Newberry at firstname.lastname@example.org or text at 714-423-5001. All Events will occur at 515 Landfair Avenue. We can’t wait to see you there!
- QUESTION: If I go to an event, does that mean I’m pledging?
- ANSWER: No! All rush events are completely non-committal. Pledging is an entirely separate thing
- QUESTION: How does the transition from rushing to pledging happen?
- ANSWER: At the end of Rush Week, each fraternity decides which rushees to offer bids to. If you are offered a bid, you have the OPTION of pledging the fraternity.
- QUESTION: If I want to pledge, how do I get a bid?
- ANSWER: There is no one-size-fits-all answer. If you like AGO (or any other house for that matter), demonstrate your interest, and the house decides they want to invite you to pledge, then you will be given a bid.
- QUESTION: Is there anything I should say or do in order to improve my chances of getting a bid?
- ANSWER: No! We want to know the REAL you. Be genuine. Be sincere. We want guys that are honest about who they are, not people who put on a facade to try to get in.
- QUESTION: If I do get a bid, is there anything I need to do?
- ANSWER: The bid will have any necessary information on it but please remember to register on ifcucla.com beforehand. Signing up with IFC is necessary to start pledging!